The Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) has summoned TV5 executives in charge of the noontime show Wowowillie because of the February 28 incident involving Willie Revillame, Ethel Booba and Ate Gay.
On their official Twitter account, MTRCB summoned the Kapatid Network “for gender-sensitivity and decorum inquiry over its noontime show.”
The reason why it controversial because Revillame shouted on Ethel and Ate Gay’s alleged misconduct towards him. Based on what Willie said on national TV, Ethel raised her voice at him backstage because of his earlier comment on her outfit which he compared to Anne Curtis’ much talked about gown in ASAP 18.
“Ano ito? Bakit mo kami ikino-compare doon?” Ethel told Willie earlier in the show before the alleged voice-raising incident backstage. “We’re talking about talent, not singit. Come on!”
The word “singit” was repeated quite a number of times during that segment.
Meanwhile, Ethel has already announced that she won’t be coming back as Wowowillie’s co-host anymore.
Here are MTRCB’s tweets:
- “MTRCB summons ABC5 for gender-sensitivity and decorum inquiry over Wowowillie”
- “ABC5 called for gender-sensitivity and decorum inquiry over its noontime show”
- “MTRCB’s jurisdiction is principally over the program, not particular personalities in a show.”
- “In calling ABC5, the MTRCB cites its MOU with the former and other networks on the Portrayal of Women in Media & Film.”
- “MTRCB bombarded with “GMRC” complaints thru social media over ABC5 noontime show”
- “As in all cases, the MTRCB shall endeavor to hear the side of all parties concerned.”
For more updates in entertainment and trending news, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle in Google+ and we will keep you posted directly on your social media feeds or Sign up for Manila Republic's daily newsletter.