Recently SM Foundation Incorporated announced the opening of SM College Scholarship for school year 2013-2014 for all top students that are graduating this school year.
The SM College Scholarship Program was established by SM Foundation in 1993 to help provide quality education to bright but underprivileged public high school graduates. The program has 1200 college scholars at any time nationwide.
The 2012 batch of graduates composed of 164 scholars produced 3 Summa cum Laude, 13 Magna cum Laude, 45 Cum Laude, and 15 Academic Distinction.
SM Foundation Scholarship Qualifications:
- Graduates of public high schools in
- NCR Luzon: Batangas, Pampanga,Benguet, Pangasinan,Bulacan, Quezon,Camarines Sur, Rizal, Cavite, Tarlac, Laguna and Zambales
- Visayas: Cebu, Negros Occidental, Iloilo
- Mindanao: Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotobato
- Total household income of at most P150,000 per year
- Fourth year weighted average grade of at least 88% in the second or third grading period.
SM Foundation Scholarship Courses:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Information Management
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or English
- BS in Accountancy, BSC/BSBA, major in Accountancy
SM Foundation Scholarship 2013 Application steps:
- Fill up SM College Scholarship Application form. Download here or get it at Customer Service Counters in any SM Mall.
- Attach clear photocopy of F138 or 4th year High School Report Card with the Second or Third Grading period’s weighted average.
- Attach Certificate of passing the entrance test in school of choice (if available).
- Attach photocopy of 2011 Income Tax Return (ITR) or Certificate of Non-filing of Income.
- Submit the accomplished application form and all required documents to the Customer Service Counters of any SM store.
- Deadline for submission of application will be on December 20, 2012.
SM Foundation Scholarship 2013 Application Form (Download)