Supreme Court Spokesman Jose Midas Marquez announced yesterday that a A total of 1,913 out of 5,990 law graduates successfully passed the November 2011 Bar Exam.
Comprising 31.95 percent of examinees, it is the second highest passing rate in the history of the Philippines Bar examinations next to the 32 percent in 2003 according to Marquez.
Marquez had earlier announced that the 2011 Bar Exam results, containing the list of passers, will be released at 2 PM today (February 29, 2012).
Wednesday’s release would also be the earliest in the exam’s history. It is being credited to the change of exam format from essay type to multiple choice.
Supreme Court Associate Justice Roberto Abad served as the chairman of the 2011 Bar examination which was held for the first time at the University of Santo Tomas for four Sundays in November.
The examiners were:
- Court of Appeals Associate Justice Amy Lazaro Javier for Political Law
- Author and professor lawyer Cesario Alvero Azucena Jr. for Labor Law
- Author and Former Justice Undersecretary Dean Ernesto Pineda for Civil Law
- Author and Professor Abelardo Domondon for Taxation
- Court of Appeals Associate Justice Ramon Paul Hernando for Mercantile Law
- Sandiganbayan Associate Justice Maria Cristina Cornejo for Criminal Law
- Former Professor and practitioner Virgilio Manguera for Remedial law and
- Professor Edwin Carillo for Legal Ethics
Update – 1: Top 10 Philippines Bar November 2011 Examination
For more updates in entertainment and trending news, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle in Google+ and we will keep you posted directly on your social media feeds or Sign up for Manila Republic's daily newsletter.