Due to continuous rains many parts of the metropolis and nearby provinces are flooded, prompting the evacuation and rescue of the stranded residents. Rising waters and persistent floods have also caused many roadways to become inaccessible and impassable.
Here are some of the latest information we’ve gathered regarding closed and impassable roads. We will update the list as we get confirmation. Please check back often.
The Metro Manila Development Authority issued this update for the following areas:
- As of 5:00 p.m., Katipunan-Balara and CP Garcia, waist deep, not passable to all types of vehicles; Ateneo SB, knee deep, not passable to light vehicles
- Quezon City: E. Rodrigez-Araneta, Talayan-Araneta, Araneta-Kaliraya and Araneta-Ma. Clara, waist deep, not passable to all types of vehicle
- Osmeña Hway: Gil Puyat is not passable
- San Juan Area: F. Manalo Blumentrit, Brgy. Salapan, Rivera St., A.Fernandez, R. Fernandez, San Joaquin, San Perfecto, Aurora SM Center Point, not passable to all types of vehicles
- Western: CM Recto-Rizal, waist deep, Doroteo Jose to Soler, knee deep, RMD-V.Mapa waist deep
- España, Manila City Hall, UN-Taft, RMB Pureza and RMB Old Sta.Mesa, not passable to light vehicles
- Recto Underpass not passable too all types of vehicles.
Other flooded areas that are not passable in the metropolis include:
- As of 5:00 p.m., Katipunan Balara waist deep. Not passable to all types of vehicles.
- As of 3:20 p.m., South Superhighway going to Edsa not passable
- As of 3:14 p.m., all areas in Bgy. San Isidro, Makati City not passable
- As of 3:10 p.m., Quezon Avenue-Banawe, not passable to light vehicles
- As of 3:00 p.m., Ortigas Extension towards Junction, not passable to light vehicles
- As of 2:25 p.m., Nagtahan flyover northbound towards Lacson closed to traffic due to flooding
- As of 12:30 p.m., all roads in Marikina passable except Gil Fernando Avenue, according to Marikina PIO.
- As of 11:25 a.m., Marcos Highway-Riverbanks, not passable to all types of vehicle.
- As of 10:50 a.m., Recto to Loyola, not passable to all types of vehicle. Lerma to Morayta, waist deep. Ongpin, waist deep.As of 8:00 a.m., Aurora Blvd-Araneta Ave. (waist deep)
- As of 7:30 a.m., Araneta Ave to Caliraya, neck deep, not passable to all types of vehicle
- As of 7 a.m., Ortigas Ave. Extension, Cainta
- As of 7 a.m., Imelda Ave., Cainta
- As of 7 a.m., Hi-way 2000, Taytay
- As of 7 a.m., C6 (Barkadahan Bridge, Taytay)
- As of 7 a.m., Marcos Hi-way, Calumpang San Jose, Antipolo (totally not passable due to road collapse of about 80 meters where 10 persons were injured)
- As of 6:47 a.m., EDSA P. Tuazon tunnel QC
- As of 6 a.m., Heritage/ Pasay / Roxas Blvd., US Embassy
- As of 6:05 a.m., Cainta Junction (waist deep)
- As of 6:05 a.m., Marcos Highway, Kingsville to Filinvest, Cainta (waist deep)
- As of 1:53 a.m., Araneta Ave.-Del Monte Ave., QC
For more updates in entertainment and trending news, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle in Google+ and we will keep you posted directly on your social media feeds or Sign up for Manila Republic's daily newsletter.