Top-caliber movie and television director Jeffrey Jeturian shares with ABS-CBN PR the key factors of the country’s no.1 daytime program and ABS-CBN’s first-ever TV drama series shot on high definition camera, “Be Careful With My Heart.” Direk Jeffrey co-directs the Jodi Sta. Maria and Richard Yap-starrer with Direk Mervyn Brondial
1. Anong masasabi mo sa natatanging ratings success ng “Be Careful With My Heart?” Inasahan n’yo ba ‘yung mangyari?
- The consistent high ratings of the show is really overwhelming. We did not expect that there is a morning audience that big that would propel “Be Careful With My Heart” everyday to the 5th spot of the top overall TV programs nationwide.
2. Marami ang nakakapansin at pumupuri na kakaibang visual quality ng show, ano ang sikreto nito?
- “Be Careful With My Heart” is the first soap of ABS-CBN that is shot on HD or high-definition camera. That explains the glossy look of the show when people watch it onscreen, plus we shoot the series film-style so it has the feel, look, and ‘magic’ of a movie.
3. Ano sa palagay nyo kakaibang dulot ng programa sa mga manonood kaya mainit ang pagsuporta nila rito?
- The success of the show can be attributed to a lot of things. First, the soap is effective as a romance comedy. There’s chemistry between Jodi as Maya and Richard as Richard. Jodi is effective as the naive and pure-hearted nanny to the deaf kid of the stern and stone-hearted widower played by Richard. The followers of the soap is looking forward to the day when Maya will be able to melt Richard’s heart .
Second, the story’s simplicity and feel-good tone was able to capture the audience’s fancy. The show doesn’t only leave one feeling romantic everytime, but also with a smile in the heart each time.