Bank of the Philippines Islands (BPI) issued an advisory on its banking operations on the upcoming long holiday weekend starting November 1-4, 2012.
Below is their announcement:
The Bank of the Philippine Islands stands prepared and ready to service all ATM transactions during this coming 4-day holiday. Our over 1,800 ATMs nationwide will be available to service clients’ requirements.
We are encouraging the general public to withdraw and finish their transactions early enough to avoid the rush and queues. During this same period last year, the average daily withdrawal volumes on BPI ATMs was about P 1.4B.
If possible, please withdraw at ATMs in the city as the ATMs along the expressways are busiest during holidays. To avoid long lines at our ATMs, we encourage the public to use EPS.
We are also reminding the public to practice these precautionary ATM reminders:
1. Check the area before using an ATM. If anyone or anything appears suspicious, leave at once.
2. Do not use ATMs that appear to have tampered card / cash slots.
3. Have your card ready for use.
4. Cover your hand as you type your PIN. 5. Never accept help from a stranger. Call your bank. For lost BPI cards, call 89-100 immediately. The provincial toll-free number is 1-800-188-89100.
6. For your security, never count your money at the ATM in full view of strangers. 7. Get your card and transaction slip at once. Should you need to deposit cash to your ATM based account over the long weekend, BPI has nearly 200 Express Deposit Machines available. Please check our website – www.bpiexpressonline.com – for more info.
Our branches will be open to serve you until Wednesday, October 31. Our branch network will be closed November 1 & 2. Our kiosks will continue to follow their regular Saturday / Sunday weekend schedules for November 3 and 4.
For more information, follow us on Twitter – @TalktoBPI. Like us on Facebook. Our Facebook fans can get the latest updates and tips on our Facebook page.