The 27th FIBA Asia Championship will be held on August 1-11, 2013 at Manila, Philippines. The Top 3 teams will qualify for the 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain.
Groupings to be determined by a draw as our country is the host will pick 13th and can choose a group.
Draw will be on June 6, 2013 in Manila.
- South Korea
- Others qualified teams to be announced soon
Here’s how it’s goes for the FIBA Asia Championship :
- 1st Round – Each team will face other teams in their respective groups, one team from each group will be eliminated. (3 games per team)
- 2nd Round – Merged into 2 groups with 6 teams each, teams will face other teams that they did not encounter in the 1st round in their respective groups, record from 1st round will be carried over. (3 games per team)
- 3rd Round – Quarterfinals: Top 4 of each group will advance (Knockout games)
- 4th Round – Semifinals: Quarterfinal winners (Knockout games)
- 5th Round – Finals: Semifinal winners (Championship Game) and Battle for 3rd Place: Semifinal losers
For more updates in entertainment and trending news, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle in Google+ and we will keep you posted directly on your social media feeds or Sign up for Manila Republic's daily newsletter.